Janspeed are looking to hire an experienced Project Engineer with a background working in the automotive sector. If successful you will become a key member of the Engineering team ensuring projects are delivered successfully.
The ideal Project Engineer will be experienced in the following areas:
- Tier one supply into Automotive
- Understand APQP and PPAP
- Hands on “can do” attitude
- Manufacturing background
- Coordinate all project elements including planning, manufacturing, installation, commissioning and final buy-off phases ensuring that it is managed within budget and tracked against project timing plan.
- Manage Customer and internal Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and complete Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) activities.
- Commission and develop weld tooling with the use of CMM / Faro Arm at pre-production and launch phase.
- Support Production Department on New product introduction key points including prototype build phase and run at rate events.
- Assist the Engineering Department in design for manufacture activities, FMEA development, feasibility studies, SOPs and Work Instructions.
- Assist the Project Manager controlling sub supplier deliveries and quality performance in pre-production phases.
- Develop a robust Product Verification Plan with the Engineering Department to ensure a safe product launch.
- Assist the Quality Department with 8D problem solving techniques and help drive continuous improvement within the business.
- In addition to the responsibilities listed the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by the Project Manager / other members of the management team when required.
- Confident communication and presentation skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Detail focused and able to multitask
- Automotive / Aeronautical product development process experience
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Engineering degree or relevant industry experience
- Hands on experience in metal / fabrication environment
- Basic CAD experience in Catia v5 or Solidworks
- Experience of Minitab statistical software